Need a Career Change?
Consider a career in transit
Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Co., Inc (SVTMC) offers a competitive benefits package and a great work atmosphere. We are an equal opportunity employer. Here’s some of what SVTMC has to offer:
- Company-paid Health Insurance and prescription card
- 457 Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Company-paid, Short-term Disability for applicable positions
- Company-paid, Life Insurance
- Free transportation on our services for you and your family
- Uniform allowance for applicable positions
- Optional Dental Insurance for you and your family
- Optional Health Insurance coverage for your family
Current Job Openings
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be 19 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- 40 hour a week shifts available Monday-Saturday
- Training and Benefits provided
**Open Until Filled
Bus Cleaner (Part-time Position)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Main responsibilities are to assist with the cleaning and fueling of the Valley Metro buses.
- Experience should include professional custodian/janitorial work.
- VA driver’s license is required.
- Hours: 6:30PM – 10:30PM; Monday – Friday
Close Date: June 17, 2018
Technical Support (Part-time)
Summary: The Part- Time Technical Support position is responsible for assisting the Information Technology Network Administrator in managing Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Company, Inc.’s (SVTMC) network, servers, workstation, websites and other technologies utilized by SVTMC and its’ employees.
- Analyzes and resolves end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end user training where required
- Assist with hardware installations, configurations, and troubleshooting
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices
- Manage servers including but not limited to; e-mail, print, and internal services for end users
- Maintain and verify backup servers/systems; when required
- Two years of experience in Computer Science, Internet Technology, Information Technology, or a related field
- Have an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Internet Technology, Information Technology, or a related field, with a focus on network security
- A+ certification, preferred
- Network+ certification, preferred
Close Date: July 1, 2018
How to apply:
- 1. Email: go to our website and download an application and email or bring completed form to the Human Resources Department.
- 2. Complete an application in person at the Main Office building or at Campbell Court and bring to the Human Resources Department.
Information Officer (Part-time)
- Provides face-to-face and over the phone customer service to customers seeking transit
- Assists with counting transit fares
- Works in 2 different locations (Campbell Court Transfer Station and Main Office Building)
- High school diploma/GED required or equivalent
- Prefer 2+ years of customer service experience
- Schedule: Saturday 7:45am – 5:45pm and fill in as needed during the week
Close Date: July 1, 2018
NOTICE of PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN
As a condition of employment for all positions, especially those which involve the performance of safety-sensitive functions as defined by 49 CFR Part 655, as amended, must submit to a urine drug screen, under the authority of the U. S. Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration.
This memo serves as notification that if given an offer of employment, it is contingent on the passing of the aforementioned drug screen and the applicant will not be assigned to perform any job functions, including safety-sensitive functions, unless the urine drug screen has a verified negative result.
SVTMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY WITH APPLICATION AND RESUME (resume optional):
- Email: HRInfo@ValleyMetro.com
- Mail to:
- Fax to: (540) 982-2703
- Visit our Administration Offices to drop off or fill out an application:
- We will accept your application in person, Monday through Friday, from 8AM to 4PM.
Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Company, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 13247
Roanoke, VA 24032
The Roy Z. Meador Operations, Maintenance and Administration Building
1108 Campbell Avenue, S.E.
Roanoke VA 24013
Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Company, Inc. (SVTMC) is the employer for Valley Metro.
SVTMC is committed to the provision of equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, creed, national origin, sex, age or disability.