Need a Career Change?
Consider a career in transit
Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Co., Inc (SVTMC) offers a competitive benefits package and a great work atmosphere. We are an equal opportunity employer. Here’s some of what SVTMC has to offer:
- Company-paid Health Insurance and prescription card
- 457 Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Company-paid, Short-term Disability for applicable positions
- Company-paid, Life Insurance
- Free transportation on our services for you and your family
- Uniform allowance for applicable positions
- Optional Dental Insurance for you and your family
- Optional Health Insurance coverage for your family
Current Job Openings
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be 19 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- 40 hour a week shifts available Monday-Saturday
- Training and Benefits provided
**Open Until Filled
Accounting Supervisor (Full-Time)
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and related reports, reconciles payroll, processes W-2’s, and maintains employee payroll records
- Reconciles accounts payable, receivable, and monthly inventory records
- Prepares insurance invoices for payment to vendors
- Prepares insurance deduction and benefit changes
- Assists in other projects as required
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- (2) years related experience and/or training or experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
Close Date: October 23, 2018
Bus Cleaner (Part-time Position)
- Main responsibilities are to assist with the cleaning and fueling of the Valley Metro buses.
- Experience should include professional custodian/janitorial work.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- VA driver’s license is required.
- Some bus driving experience is helpful.
- Hours: 6:30PM – 10:30PM; Monday – Friday
Close Date: October 29, 2018
NOTICE of PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN
As a condition of employment for all positions, especially those which involve the performance of safety-sensitive functions as defined by 49 CFR Part 655, as amended, must submit to a urine drug screen, under the authority of the U. S. Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration.
This memo serves as notification that if given an offer of employment, it is contingent on the passing of the aforementioned drug screen and the applicant will not be assigned to perform any job functions, including safety-sensitive functions, unless the urine drug screen has a verified negative result.
SVTMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY WITH APPLICATION AND RESUME (resume optional):
- Email: HRInfo@ValleyMetro.com
- Mail to:
- Fax to: (540) 982-2703
- Visit our Administration Offices to drop off or fill out an application:
- We will accept your application in person, Monday through Friday, from 8AM to 4PM.
Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Company, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 13247
Roanoke, VA 24032
The Roy Z. Meador Operations, Maintenance and Administration Building
1108 Campbell Avenue, S.E.
Roanoke VA 24013
Southwestern Virginia Transit Management Company, Inc. (SVTMC) is the employer for Valley Metro.
SVTMC is committed to the provision of equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, creed, national origin, sex, age or disability.